Greece tourism is bucking the worldwide trends and has beaten off tough competition to become the top destination of 2009, according to the Flight Centre.

Greece is one of the few European countries to be guaranteeing all deposits in its banking system. Business is booming. The Telegraph recently reported that Greece was at the heart of a new financial Europe. Greece’s own economy is one of the fastest growing in the Euro-zone. So despite worldwide market doldrums there are opportunities to be had for those that know where to look.

One pocket of opportunity in the resilient Greek market is Samos. Samos is the eighth largest island in the Greek archipelago. The island benefits from direct UK flights, a new ferry link from Bodrum expected to increase tourism numbers by 50,000 and a recently announced new seaplane route by the largest seaplane operators in Greece. The island currently caters for the mid to high end holidaymaker, however reports strongly suggest a need for further upmarket tourism on the island.

The Luxury Resort & Spa of Halcyon Hills is situated on the south eastern coast of Samos, languishing in a naturally sheltered bay within walking distance of the small village of Klima. Just fifteen minutes from the airport and the islands picturesque capital, the resort will offer a selection of property from apartments suites to three bedroom premier villas with their own private pools.

Property prices start at £160,000, however the UK based developer has recently released a new initiative to help buyers purchase their dream property abroad without worrying about large stage payments before their property is completed. Customers can reserve their preferred property today with a fee of £1000 and lock the price (prices increase in Jan 09). Normally, the first 30% payments are due within 60 days with the remaining 70% due on completion. However, to make purchasing easier, the developer is offering cashback payments to help cover interest payments on a loan taken out to cover the first 30%. This means, with just £1000 down today, purchasers need pay nothing more until 2011.

Apartment suites start at £160,000, single storey kampanas start at £230,000, one bedroom luxury villas from £290,000, two bedroom superior villas are available from £335,000 and the large premier villas start at £580,000. The three year rental guarantee is based on 8% of the purchase price.

 

Source: www.easier.com/view/International_Property_News/Greece